Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Wireless Internet



One of the things I wanted so much in my new phone was WiFi, which I managed to get. This turned out to be very convienient because I can hop on the internet in a lot of places. I browse at some restaurants, my girlfriend's house, at school, and at my own apartment. Even though there are computers around most of the time, I often don't want one in front of my while I am laying in bed or while watching TV.

I have gotten my phone to connect using WPA encryption at my apartment and my girfriend's house. It connects very quickly, within a few seconds. My school uses WPA2 PEAP EAP MSCHAP v2. I was at first slightly doubtful of this connecting, but after entering my username and password, and selecting the correct certificate, it connected. The initial connection takes a minute or two to establish, but once it gets going, it moves along quickly. The fact that the Blackberry connects with my school's security, makes me think it can connect anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment