Thursday, February 19, 2009

Diabling Data on Your Blackberry

After accidentally opening the MEdia Net browser a few times, I decided that I wanted to diable data on my Blackberry. I called up AT&T and they turned it off for me, so that it wasn't accessable from my phone any longer.

The only slightly annoying thing with this is that in the upper right of the screen, instead of showing EDGE, it shows GSM. Also, in the data connection manager, beside Mobile Network, it says On instead of AT&T like it used to, and the little circle beside it is yellow with a dash instead of green with a check mark.

These things probably wouldn't annoy most people, but they bother me a little. The things that change are small, but I am willing to live with them to ensure I don't accidentally rack up a data bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment