Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Blackberry Curve 8320


I recently got a Blackberry Curve 8320 because it was time to renew the contract. I have service with AT&T, however I am not willing to shell out $30 a month for data. That's exactly why I went for this Blackberry. The 8320 has built-in WiFi, which doesn't cost me anything to use. I spend the vast amount of my time on campus and at my apartment, where my Blackberry connects flawlessly to the access points. Although it would be nice to have internet access no matter where I am, it's just not worth the $30 a month.

My Blackberry is the first phone I have ever had that has a full QWERTY keyboard. After typing on only 9 keys for years, it was a welcome switch to get a full keyboard. I can type much faster and I no longer depend on the words I want to type being in my T9 dictionary.

This is also my first smartphone. The ability to be able to install programs on the phone and actually change settings is really exciting for me. I am constantly messing with my phone and I love it.

Another thing I have come to wonder how I lived without, is threaded text messaging. I have unlimited texting on my phone, so I text a good amount throughout the day. I used to have to go back and check my sent messages to remember what I sent to people, but now it just shows up under their text I have received. So convienient...

I am constantly finding more things that I like about this phone. On this blog I will be posting programs that I like, some that I don't like, and any tricks/thoughts that I have about my phone. So far it has all been positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment